In their search, Wolfson met a chiropractor who explained why his father was sick and enlightened him about the importance of finding root causes and the power to prevent many diseases. That encounter altered the course of his life. Wolfson became committed to becoming a different kind of D.C. -- a “doctor of cause.” He pursued and created a natural, integrative holistic cardiology practice and has been helping patients keep their hearts healthy for two decades since. His goal is for his patients to have a “Hundred-Year Heart,” and he provides natural strategies and solutions to reduce the need for pharmaceuticals.
What to expect - This episode of Sunlighten Spotlight is an education on natural care for your heart, and offers some wonderful insights, practical tips, protocols and hope. Dr. Wolfson and our Co-Founder Connie Zack explore a lot of questions our sauna community will find helpful and enlightening, as well as anyone on a holistic health journey to optimize their bodies and live empowered.
Compelling highlights – Wolfson is an advocate and teacher of prevention. People with heart issues have plenty of pharmaceuticals for treatment, but Wolfson believes making changes in how we live and eat helps prevent problems. Some of the topics he covers in this conversation include:
- Food can be causative to disease, so he recommends specific nutrition for heart health.
- Unhealthy lifestyle, not getting enough sleep, getting adequate sunshine, emotional and mental wellbeing, and environmental toxins all play into heart health. He explains more.
- Detoxifying naturally helps the heart, and sauna plays a role in creating a heart for longevity.
- How to stop putting chemicals in our body through food choices.
- Advice on the benefits of eating wild seafood and organs, and which ones are best. Wolfson explains which fish are prone to more toxins and allays concerns about eating fish.
- Offers informative details about important enzymes like glutathione and omega-3’s role in detoxification.
- Binders increase phase 1 and phase 2 liver detoxification. He discusses the importance of binders for working with sauna to usher toxins out of the body
Protocol recommendations – Dr. Wolfson offers some suggestions for practices to incorporate with sauna to optimize detoxification for heart health:
- Binders – To help flush toxins out through the liver as well, he recommends taking a binder such as activated charcoal, organic psyllium husk, or chlorella to bind up and excrete chemicals.
- Water – Explains his thoughts on water and recommends replacing lost fluids with quality, clean water. Also recommends Pellegrino in glass, because it is high in sulfur, an important amino acid building block for detoxification. Avoid drinking water out of plastic containers.